Blog: Advice

In order to implement new media with Baruch, I think there would be drastic changes made. I believe in my opinion, a lot of the Baruch processes are actually quite slow. For example, I think the usage of Twitter can be greatly significant. Currently, Baruch tends to text your personal phone for small updates in terms of your course enrollment and such. However, I think this can be used to a deeper level to update students on a day to day basis for practically everything. I believe there should be a Twitter page of some sort for every department to update several things. I say Twitter because I believe it is the application that can bring the quickest updates to the public efficiently. Thus, in terms of cancelled classes and such, this can be tweeted by each respective department. Other updates can be something like the elevators breaking down which can all be updated through the regular Baruch twitter page, basically how MTA updates statuses through Twitter.

Additionally, I think a lot of classes can be implemented online. There are already online courses, however, I've seen classes from other schools have their lectures recorded and posted online. I think this can be really helpful for graduate students and such, people who are essentially really busy and may have fluctuating schedules time to time and be unable to attend classes for some days. This also makes it less difficult to understand what is going on in classes for students.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next New

Wiki So Far

Blog: Privacy